journal prompt link up // once...

Monday, October 8, 2012

Jane
Once when I woke up in the middle of the night, I saw a blinking red light on my wall coming from the widow. It was Christmas Eve and I was young, so naturally I thought it was Rudolf's nose. Definitely not car lights from the road across our yard.

Once when I woke up in the middle of the night, I found myself weeping from a dream. My youngest sister ran away from home and we couldn't find her. The heaving cries shook me awake.

Once when I woke up in the middle of the night, I thought it was 6am and time to get ready for school. It wasn't until after I poured my cereal that I noticed the clock read barely after midnight.

Harley
Once when I woke up in the middle of the night I heard my husband ranting in Danish. Not just a few words here and there, but a full on paragraph. A conversation with someone that I couldn't see. He also said something about our washer and dryer. 

Once when I woke up in the middle of the night, I found myself shaking in terror. In my dream people with guns were trying to rob our house and they had taken my little brother as a hostage.

Once when I woke up in the middle of the night, I heard sobs coming in through my bedroom window.  I got up out of bed and wandered over to the open window. I could still hear them, but I didn't know where they were coming from. I went to go get someone and by the time we got back the sobs had stopped. 

Once I woke up in the middle of the night, to shooting pain in my left leg. I thought I had been stung by a bee, but it turns out I had been bitten by a horsefly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment