virginia is for lovers // part 1

Thursday, December 20, 2012

wrapup1
This semester in Virginia has been incredible, and I thought I'd share some of the highlights. Follow me on Instagram to keep up with more of my adventures!
1. Roadtripped out here with my mama. It was three long days of driving (and my mom is the best--she drove most of the way). We listened to a lot of Taylor Swift Pandora and NPR podcasts.
2. My first day of my internship at Northern Virginia Magazine was a bit stressful since I had to say goodbye to my mom that morning and then try to remember the route we mapped out to my office.
3. Later that first week, I was assigned a column in the mag for an upcoming issue and got to interview NBC sports anchor Dan Hellie. That was a heck of a transition into city life.
4. I was the only intern for a week or two and managed to eventually catch on to the ways inside the office.
5. Nothing like sweet notes from sweet little boys to make you a little homesick.
6. My singles ward held a campout at an incredibly beautiful forest (I'm sure the Salvatore brothers were in those trees somewhere...), and I surprised myself by making such an effort to be social. 
7. Harley sent me a package of lovely things, including a red journal which is now my blog planning notebook.
8. My editor and I attended a fashion show and got to interview Eric Daman--the costume designer for Gossip Girl. (If you Google this man, you'll find photos of him with Blake Lively and Leighton Meester. HE WAS AMAZING.)
9. Disney on Ice with my cousins was fabulous. Have you been? It's inspirational, seriously.
To be continued...
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow it sounds like it has been an amazing opportunity! Will you be back there after Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your internship! Sounded like a blast! I always wanted to intern for a magazine but I ran out of time before I moved out of Chicago. Thankfully I was able to intern for an awesome independent designer instead.

    ReplyDelete