Where I Live and What I want

Wednesday, July 18, 2012


Mid-west suburb living is Relaxing. Green. Country. Lush.

Mid-west city living is Humid. Gray. Pavement. Water. Taxi. People.

Mid-west living in general is pretty great. I love the feel of Chicago. Everyone keeps telling me that I need to survive through a winter before any decisions are made, but I think I like it.
Actually, I'm sure.
Does the weather really change the entire vibe of the city?
I don't think so.

I knew I would be a city girl.
Not your normal Mormon girls dream.
No kids. No husband. Just a loft in a high rise with a short walk to work.

Obviously I have a husband I am considering that a serious bonus.
My 13 year-old self couldn't foresee how great that would be.
City girl. City girl. City girl.

Dream. Set. Match.
Now what is next?

I keep trying to convince my husband that we should pick up and move to Europe.
I want to be reckless.
I want to adventure.
I don't want to plan for our future.
I want to live.
I want to get up in the morning and feel alive.
I want to feel infused with energy.

That settles it.
I am going on a walk.

2 comments:

  1. I could go for living in Europe as well. There's something about city living, too, that I really enjoy, even if time in the country every now and again is pretty wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to live somewhere in Europe for a short time, and I believe God will lead me there soon. I will always miss home, though.

    ReplyDelete