A week of Chic-ness

Sunday, July 24, 2011

During this week of wedding madness we have asked a bunch of our favorite ladies to come and keep you company. We hope that you will enjoy getting to know them as much as we have. Today we have the lovely JoAnn from Sidewalk Chic. She takes all of her own photos and rocks it in the fashion department. 
***

Hi everyone, I'm so excited to be guest-posting while Harley is in the midst of wedding craziness (congrats!). If we haven't met before, my name is JoAnn and I blog over at Sidewalk Chic. I'm based in Athens, Georgia, and my site is a fusion of personal vintage style and landscape photography. I'll be attending graduate school starting this fall, so my personal style and budget are going to change and evolve as the months go on.

How long have you been blogging? I've been blogging since October 2009, so almost two years. My blog, originally named Sidewalk Chalk, was written by my younger sister and I, and it focused on our different styles and things we loved. She ended up leaving the blog to pursue other interests, and I changed the name to reflect a new phase in my writing. Now I focus solely on my style, with a little bit of photography thrown in. 

What inspired you to start taking your own pictures? I was really inspired by other style blogs out there where the bloggers took their own photos. I received a tripod for Christmas and started taking photos at a nearby park. Originally my husband, who has been a big supporter of the blog, took my photos, but as I've gone further with Sidewalk Chic, I've become the sole photographer. It's been really empowering to take my own photos -- it's like a daily challenge to be the director, photographer, model everyday. I plan on studying advertising in school, so style photography is fascinating subject for me, and it's been great to immerse myself in that every week.


What is your favorite part about the blog world? I never thought a couple years ago that I'd make friends from around the world because of this hobby, and I'm really grateful for all the relationships that I've made. The blog world can be a place of inspiration, compassion and community, and it's been wonderful to be a part of that. 

***
Thanks JoAnn! 
xoxo
Harley & Jane

1 comment:

  1. Hey gals, thanks so much for doing this and for introducing me to your readers! :)

    ReplyDelete