journal prompt 3 // people you have tried to imitate

Monday, July 30, 2012

Welcome back to the Journal Prompt Link-up. This week's list was:

Harley & Jane
people you have tried to imitate
(dress like, talk like, etc.)

Explanations are optional. Link up with your own below.
Make sure you take the button or tag us in your journal prompt if you would like to link up! 

Jane
  1. Emma Watson as Hermione Granger: I searched in vain for the sneakers she wears in Prisoner of Azkaban.
  2. Anne of Green Gables: Halloween costume age 10.
  3. Ashley Tisdale: Had her haircut for three years.
  4. Mary-kate and Ashley in The Challenge: One of them is obsessed with yoga, and that might play a part in my own love for it. Also, their hair. But I will never have their hair.
  5. Ice Princess: The ice skating, obviously.  I took lessons and dreamed about it in my spare time.
  6. Step up 2: I've always admired Andie's low, sultry voice. Every time I have a sore throat (and thus, a raspy voice), I quote her lines and can actually sound like her. Ask my brother. Also, I took dance lessons because of them.
  7. Zooey Deschanel: Every movie. The clothes. The hair. The I'm-retro-cute-and-cool attitude. I have 60s dress patterns in my closet I'm still wanting someone to sew for me.
  8. Hilary Duff in Cheaper by the Dozen: She owns buckets of MAC makeup, so I wanted MAC makeup too (but never got any).
  9. Katniss Everdeen: I've mentioned this in previous posts, but she's just so cool. Who doesn't want to be as tough as Katniss Everdeen?
  10. Daphne Reynolds (What a Girl Wants): My wardrobe went through a makeover after that movie came out. I wanted wide-legged flares, everything leather and vintage, and long, straight hair.
Harley
  1. Daphne Reynolds. Jane and I apparently lived semi similar tween existences.She wore the most fabulous black books, flare pants, blazer, and scarf. I went out and bought almost the exact sme thing. I remember wearing it to school when I was in 8th grade. The boots has a giant platform. Someone told me that they thought I looked European. I was in heaven.
  2. Her name was Alaina. Every time she caught me in the halls before class she would always ask how I was doing. How was my family. How was my day. Never once did she go off on one of those "this conversation is really about me" tangents. I made it a point to ask people more questions. Asking them conveys to the other person that you care. 
  3. I shall call her Ashely, but that is not her real name. She was one of my high school acquaintances. She always looked so effortless and put together. A little bohemian mixed with what a rockstar wears on her day off.  A look I have still not mastered. Once, I bought a sweater because she had it. 
  4. Patience is something I don't have. A new mom I have just met really demonstrates that acquiring this gift is possible. Even if her kids are crying and acting out she is so kind and handles them with a firm yet gentle love. I hope to have that one day. 
  5. Hilary Duff. Or maybe I should say Lizzie McGuire. The hair the clothes. Oh how my tween self wished for her courage and sylist! Of course now I cringe a tad 
  6. Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls pre mean girl phase. I loved the look of her jeans and plaid shirt in the beginning. Also her long sleeved shirt and cropped cargos. So I bought army pants and flip flops. 

2 comments:

  1. loved reading these! i hope i'm not too late to link up. i'm gonna try! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daphne Reynolds, oh my gosh story of my life! I honestly thought I was her. Seriously, cut my hair like her. Went to London the following summer the movie came out and I raided the markets! Fun fact: totally watching the movie right now! :) Royal Dress Show YUUSSS!!!

    ReplyDelete