a skirt with pockets + goals check-up

Saturday, February 4, 2012


-----2012 Resolutions Check-up-----
-Become less critical {of myself and others}. It's amazing how much my perspective has changed just since making the conscious decision to change my attitude. Every time I think something negative about myself or someone else, I shake my head, push it away, and think a kind thought instead. Not only do I feel more loving, I feel like the positive energy is buoying up the other areas of my life as well.
-Fix my guitar and start practicing. Umm...hasn't happened yet. Working on it.
-Write, write, write. I need to do more, but at least I've stayed consistent with my journal.
-Cook more often. In doing No Sugar with Harley, I've definitely been making fewer treats and more actual meals. Currently my favorite is calzones.
-Stop complaining. I didn't realize how much I complain until deciding to stop. Wow.

How are your resolutions going? Comment with a link to yours if you did it; I'd love to read them.

9 comments:

  1. i think the cute meter just went off.

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that outfit!!!! and those are some really great goals...you can do it, girlie. :) hope you have a super saturday.

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that skirt! It is so hard to rid yourself of negativity sometimes, but you feel so much better when you keep positive. That is something I need to work on as well! I would love if you would stop by my blog and follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so cute! just found your blog - I'm loving it! : ) Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Can I just say that I love the idea of this blog?? I love the co-authors, and your fashion posts, and I especially love that last picture with all the light. Anyway, I'm one of the co-hosts of the BYU blogger meet-up, and I just wanted to stop by and say hi before the meet-up!

    Love, your newest follower,

    Brooke
    liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so adorable! i love the skirt and the blouse the best

    C

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that outfit! You are too cute! I've always wanted to play the guitar but I haven't found the time to learn. Maybe once I graduate and school stops taking over my life I will have time. One day, one day. Haha.
    Here's a post to my resolution:
    http://www.20goingon80.com/2012/01/why-ive-officially-gone-crazy-printable.html

    I'm still going strong on this one and my views of running have actually changed a lot since I wrote that post. Running isn't really THAT bad. Miracles really do happen. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have amazing hair and I love your skirt. Good luck with your goals! You are a strong lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am obsessed with your blog! It's so refreshingly non-commercial!

    I did a 25 things goal for when I'm 25 that will end in two weeks, so I need to do 26 things while i'm 26, but here are my 25 things http://pbandjbodily.blogspot.com/p/year-of-25-things.html

    ReplyDelete