The Peach Keeper

Tuesday, February 28, 2012


The Jist:
This is the story of Willa and Paxton.
They aren't friends. They are both going through stuff.
Something happens.
They become friends.
And get boyfriends.

Pros:
I really enjoyed reading something that was about adults and not something about children suffering in a dystopian wasteland.
It really shows the true value of friendship. I respect that.
Super fast read.
The cover is lovely.
It is about finding yourself and discovering who you are meant to be.

Cons:
It is just a narrative... not a whole lot of action, but sometimes it is better that way.
I could have gone for a little bit more depth.

Overall:
I thought it was a great look at modern day friendship. Kind of makes you take a long hard look at who your true friends are and why. I liked it.

★★

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that cover *is* gorgeous! I just started a new book but I'm adding this to my reading list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding this to my reading list, too! I love to read and am always looking for good books. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope my comment on your outfit post didn't offend you, because as I explored more of your blog, I see how much we have in common and I want to be friends! Our taste in books is pretty similar as well, except I loved Divergent! I read this book in February, and your thoughts match mine almost to a T. :)

    ReplyDelete