Reading Rainbow

Friday, May 13, 2011


Matched
By: Ally Condie



Book jacket reads like this: Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s hardly any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one… until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. {via}

Intense right?
To me this book feels a little bit like the Hungar Game series, but without the violence. The People are all controlled by “officials” and they can’t really do anything that they want without facing the consequences. Their lives are controlled by those in authority.

Pros:
I basically fell in love with Ky and Xander. Both of which are insanely dreamy in different ways.
Really makes you appreciate the American government- despite its flaws.
The books keeps you intrigued throughout.
Makes you EXTREMELY thankful for access to chocolate cake.

Cons:
I knew going into reading this that is was the first in a series… so I knew it wouldn’t end with closure… but that doesn’t make me any less annoyed at it.  
Your basic “they tell her not to love him but she does anyway story.”

Overall that book was really enjoyable. Could I predict a little where the story was going? Perhaps, but I am just a sucker for a good love story. So my advice is read it. It’s probably going to be a big deal.

★★

And maybe I saw a double rainbow today. Boooo YA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment